The Observatoire des Energies Marines has published its yearly ranking of French regions and Pays de la Loire has come out on top with its 2 256 jobs and €860 218 000 in annual sales generated in the region.
Marine renewables in Pays de la Loire – key figures
- 2 256 jobs* in Pays de la Loire, making it France’s leading region for marine renewable jobs
- €860 218 000* in annual sales, France’s top region in this respect
- 180 full-time equivalents** dedicated exclusivement to research in marine renewables
- Over 100 businesses working in marine renewables
- 30ha** of port area for marine renewables
- 500 regional, national and European R&D projects, representing over €100 million invested in the region between 2015-2020.
Sources: Observatoire des Energies Marines Figures **2022 & *2023.
To find out more, consult the report of the Observatoire des Energies de la Mer, focus page 76 on Pays de la Loire: click here